[Bikecoop-announce] Urbana IL bike co-op: Stolen Bicycle

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:40:26 CDT 2008

Hi everybody,

You may have already seen this on the discussion list, but we feel that its
important enough to send out to the full TBP Distribution List.  As Fred
details below, some jerk came in during our busy Thursday hours and heisted
a bike.  Its a pretty uncommon mountain bike (Gary Fisher Tassajara) and was
the personal bike of a co-op member and volunteer.  If you can keep an eye
out for it, it would be much appreciated.  The cycling community in CU is
very well connected, and there is a good possibility that you'll see this
bike.  There is a picture in the attached link.  A police report has been
filed with the Urbana PD and the bike is listed in the national bike
registry of stolen bikes.

We've also added some reminders - so that this hopefully doesn't happen
again.

1) All visitors (non-members) to the co-op need to sign in to the visitor
log.  This should be done ASAP upon entering the shop.
2) This is a cooperative.  If you see something suspicious or unsafe - speak
up or let one of the volunteer staffers know so that something can be done
about it.  You're part of the solution.
3) Please don't keep or store personal bikes (especially nice ones) at the
co-op for long periods of time.

Thanks for your help in finding this bike, and your diligence to make The
Bike Project even better.

Tony Cherolis
The Bike Project Volunteer