[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project Sept News

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 21:43:38 UTC 2016

Hello again, and welcome new and returning students to Champaign-Urbana!

*Monthly Members Meeting*
The next members meeting will be held *Wed Aug 31 6:30 p.m.* at the
Downtown Urbana/IMC location. We'll provide some pizza and discuss the
agenda at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19DtRzse8MfYXOayc8jNQHBKJwV0GzkFYIXblrxSVp8I/.
If you have ideas you want to add to the agenda, either request editor
access or email ideas to contact at thebikeproject.org

*Light the Night*
On Thursday Sept 22 Campus Area Transportation Study and other allied
organizations will be doing a *bike light giveaway* from 4-7pm at 2
locations: Alma Mater (Green and Wright) and the corner of Illinois and
Lincoln. The Bike Project is one of the allied organizations, and we will
be helping by volunteering to pre-install batteries ahead of the event, and
to install lights during the event. You should have received an email from
Barry earlier today, but* if you want to volunteer or get more information*,
please visit http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/light-the-night-2016

*Volunteer Orientation*
We are in desperate need of weekend volunteers. Even if you can't commit to
staff every weekend (because come on, we know that is a tough thing to
ask), if you are interested in *joining our staff email list*, then maybe
we can find volunteer staff on a week-by-week basis. To help you learn your
way around the shop a bit, we are going to host an awesome *volunteer
orientation*! You can also *bring a t-shirt* (or other fabric of your
choosing), for a free screenprint! Design TBD

When: September 9th 5:30-6:30pm
Where:  The Urbana Bike Project
        In the Independent Media Center (IMC)
        202 S. Broadway Ave., Room 24