[Bikecoop-announce] Bike Light Fundraiser for Afghan Refugees

Phillip Ernstmeyer phillipernst2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 22:41:51 UTC 2022

Dear Bike Project Members,

We're teaming up with The Refugee Center
<https://www.therefugeecenter-cu.org/> to raise money to purchase
high-quality bike lights and locks for our new Afghan neighbors who cycle
for transportation in Urbana-Champaign.

Our community has welcomed over 70 refugees from Afghanistan since October
2021, and the majority of the men depend on their bikes as their primary
mode of transportation. For those who ride to and from work in the dark,
lights can be the difference between life and death.

Our goal is to raise $1,000 by the end of September in order to outfit 20
of The Refugee Center's clients with a lock and set of lights to help
secure their bikes and keep them safe on our roads.

Please help us reach our goal by donating to this PayPal link
<https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=97PXC3PKCZJN2> or using
the QR code on the flyer below:

Thank you so much!

[image: TBP:Refugee Center Fundraiser.png]

--
Phillip Ernstmeyer (he/him)
The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign