[BfB(oG)] Ralph, B4BorG featured in great Rage video

Jim Buell jbuell at uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 26 09:30:26 CDT 2000

Anyone seen the Rage Against the Machine video produced by Michael Moore
that debuted on MTV yesterday? I just took a look and it's 'priceless'.

It ends with Ralph saying 'If you don't turn on to politics, politics will
turn on you.' The heart of it is juxtaposing identical Bush and Gore
statements - 'I support the death penalty', 'global trade means prosperity
in the future,' etc. while morphing, showing similar poses, etc. Agit-prop
of the highest order. (Rage of course is the band whose free concert got
tear-gassed the Monday of the Democratic convention.)

>I apologize if this seems off topic.
>You can see some great (but short) footage of the B4BorGs
>in the new Rage Against the Machine video called "Testify."
>If you can afford the download, I highly recommend it as
>it speaks to the billionaires' message (even if you can't
>always tell what the lead singer is saying).
>http://www.ratm.com/enter.html
>I'm not really an MTV watcher, but if you are, I suggest
>sending in a lot of requests for them to play the video--it's
>a cheap and easy way to give the B4BorGs some exposure.

Jim Buell
jbuell at uiuc.edu
graduate student in Ed Psych, UIUC

The Prairie Greens: http://www.prairienet.org/greens/