[BfB(oG)] Just Looking for help!

you know tweetyt11 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:21:59 CDT 2007

I am writing this letter as one of my last resorts. I am the type of person
who doesn't like asking anyone for anything and I don't quite like taking
things from people, at all, even if they really wanted to. I get fussed at
all the time because when people try to give things to me or do things for
me I tell them I'm not going to take it, but they fuss at me until I do.
When things get to where you can't handle them anymore, you sometimes have
to do things you hate doing. That's just how life is, you have to change
your ways. Ever since I was little I have always liked doing things on my
own, all by myself. If I do things myself I won't feel like I owe anyone
anything. When people do things for me I take it in and I always feel like
they are looking down on me and I'll always owe them even if I pay them
back, just because they knew that I needed help and they took the initiative
to help.

            My name is Tasharia Woods, but people call me Tasha. I am a
seventeen-year-old young female senior at Cape Fear Academy in Wilmington,
NC. Although I go to school in Wilmington I live in Castle Hayne, NC, which
is around 30 minutes away from my school. I am very well known in both
cities. I am in numerous clubs and organizations and hold positions in many
of them, such as President of the Wilmington Youth Council NAACP, Vice
President of YMCA Teen Achievers, and President of my Church YPD, just to
name a few. I have done many things in my short but long lifetime. I am
successful in my education, being one of about twenty minorities out of six
hundred students going to my private school. I currently have a GPA of 3.52on a
4.0 scale. At school I am also involved in many clubs in school, but too
many to name. My academic achievement gets me a scholarship to attend my
school and recognition as a member of the National Honors Society. I have
also recently founded my own club, the Grub Klub that is a club of eating
all kinds of food and giving food to those who need it.

            I have been through 3 years at my current school and have
finally approached my senior year. This is partly the reason why I am
writing to you. Senior year has become very stressful. My school is also
full of rich people, with much, much money. The students who go to my
school, most of their parents own major companies and are doctors and things
like that. Because my school is a rich environment, the teachers and staff
feel like they can ask for money of all amounts and all students can just
bring it to them the next day. My family is not rich, nowhere close to it.
Although my mother does own a business, it is only a year old and has it is
just a community support agency. This makes my family less fortunate and my
mom can't come up with all the money that everyone else can.

            I know also that I have to go to college and even the
applications cost $50 a piece. Then comes college tuition, room and board,
books, food, etc. I have so many things that I need to pay for! My life has
completely turned too overwhelming. My mom has two other children, a 21 year
old at UNCW and a 14 year old who is also at a private school where my mom
pays tuition.

            I hate asking my mom for money, because either she'll say she
doesn't have it or she'll fuss and say she will get it when she can. Either
way someone fusses me out, because if she doesn't fuss at me I get fussed at
or penalized by my teacher. I have dealt with this for three years now, but
this year has over the top spending, and I've only been in school for a
month. I have tried almost everything to try to get money. I couldn't find
any grants for young adults under 18 and when I apply for scholarships that
money goes towards living in college and college tuition, but I have to get
to college first.

            I never ask people for anything if I can help it, but I have
reached the point where I have to. I know that you are a very successful and
caring person and you help many people. I don't honestly know if you help
individuals like me, but I had to try. Living in this stage of my life has
taught me that you have to ask in order to know. I'm not asking for a
handout or for someone to feel sorry for me, because I would go crazy
knowing that I took a handout or that someone feels sorry for me. I have
always wanted people to think excellent of me. This year I can't achieve my
excellence without being able to get the things I need to graduate and get
into college. My bank account at this very minute has $11.34 in it and I
have nothing to increase it. I had a job last year and during the summer as
a data clerk, document creator, and office assistant at a community support
agency, but after the summer I couldn't work many hours because I won't have
my license until November so I have to go home when my mom does. Since we
don't live in town, my mom can't just go home and then come get me. Working
for the clubs that I am part of also takes time out of work. Working an hour
or two a day, at $6/per hour is nothing after money is taken out. When I get
my license if I have a car, I will get a job somewhere maybe even two.
Almost any job would be ok with me, but it would have to be something I'm
decent at doing and professional. Even having other jobs doesn't help as
much as they should because the government has to take out taxes. My mother
said that she would get me a car sometime, but I don't think she'll be able
to because she just brought my sister a car. She said she would rather get
me a SUV, because she thinks I'll be safer. I agree with her on that,
because when I'm in a car I feel like I'm going to wreck. It just seems too
low. She thinks she wants to get me a red Saturn Vue, but I guess we'll see.

I love my mother. She tries so hard. She does everything for others when
they need her. She will always try to help people if she can. She tries to
get us everything and please us even when it limits her. Just like our
education, she made sure we would have very good educations and be
successful. This is why she sends us to private school.

While I'm on the verge of asking you to help others, I was thinking about
going on a college trip to Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC, but I can't pay
for that either. I would like to go during the last week of October, because
that's when I will have time off of school before I have to turn in my
applications on November 15 th. The colleges that I am applying to I have
toured all of them except the ones in those areas. I don't think I should
try to go to a school if I have never been to it and got a feel for it. If I
do get to go, I would like to take my sister and her best friend of 4 years
and her roommate, who I call my sister also, with me. I asked her if I got
the money to go would they go with me and they confirmed they would. They
both said that they would drive, which would cut the expenses I need to come
up with, by taking out plane tickets.

I just really need financial help in a lot of ways. Some ways are
necessities and some ways are things I really just think would help my
family or me. I need help from someone who I know wouldn't take helping me
as a set back or look at me differently. I'm not asking to be brought out
like a publicity stunt or anything like that. Honestly I'm a bit shy of
cameras and being on TV and that kind of stuff. But I am just asking for
some kind of help. Even $5 would help me out right now, and I will take
whatever the Lord sends me gladly. I really can't stress exactly how much I
need aid from someone. I'm not picky; whoever sees fit to help me, the help
will be greatly appreciated. I don't let people know that I struggle or have
hard times. I don't tell people much of anything negative, so no one really
knows how bad this stage of my life is. I wish I could stress how much I
hate asking for things, because that would make it clear how much I need
some one's help. Only about one in a million know what I'm feeling when they
see me. I constantly think of how I'm going to pay for this, and should I
tell ma or just not deal with it, or how am I going to get that. These are
very stressful times.

I get the fact that many people have less than I do and many people have
many, many more problems that I do. I know a lot of people live lives
harsher than mine and that is why I will understand if you cannot help me. I
know you must be tired of reading letters just like mine, of people asking
for charity and other things. So, I'm just asking for whatever you can do or
give. Thank you for reading you are very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Tasharia Woods
Tweetyt11 at gmail.com