[Cgfc-discuss] Fwd: food co-op

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Sun May 19 20:36:55 CDT 2002

If someone has information about Chicagoland food coops, particularly
West side, could you contact this person?

				Thanks,
				-Clint

----- Forwarded message from Laura Novotny <laura at 7rays.com> -----

Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:16:31 -0500
From: Laura Novotny <laura at 7rays.com>
Subject: food co-op
To: cgfc at prairienet.org

Greetings, Folks at the Common Ground Food Co-op!

My husband and I have just moved back to Illinois from Eugene, Oregon,
which is home to Grower's Market Co-op, as well as many wonderful
small, organic-friendly food shops. We are experiencing a sort of
"culture-shock", as the only options available to us as far as grocery
shopping seem to be the big corporate-type stores (Whole Foods, Wild
Oats, Trader Joe's)...We are searching for a locally-minded co-op,
and our internet search lead us to you--your Co-op sounds like exactly
what we are interested in becoming a part of; unfortunately we are
too far away (Western suburbs of Chicago). Does anyone there know
of any co-ops up our direction?

We are very committed to supporting the idea of eating locally (growing
as much of one's own food as possible) and seasonally. In the event
that we can not find an area co-op, we would be very seriously interested
in forming one, or some sort of "buying club" even...can you direct
us to someone who would be willing/able to answer some questions,
or some resource from which we can get some information on how to
proceed? Any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance; I am so pleased to see that somewhere like
Common Ground exists and look forward to a time when we may have
the opportunity to visit!

Best Regards,
Laura Novotny
e-mail: laura at 7rays.com