[cgfc-discuss] 7th annual BioDevastation conference in STL

Sehvilla Mann smann at stu.parkland.edu
Mon Apr 21 22:11:56 CDT 2003

   The 7th annual BioDevastation conference (see the website, www.biodev.org)
is going to be held in St. Louis this year! Weekend of May 16-18. Notable
speakers and organizers this year include Vandana Shiva, Micheal Hansen of the
Consumers Union, Ignacio Chapela, one of the researchers at Berkeley whose
study of GM maize contamination was recently published in the journal Nature,
and many others.

   BioDev hasn't come through the midwest in a while; I've never been before.
I'd really like to go to this one! I definitely plan to bring a minidisc
recorder with me and get some audio for the IMC. If no other opportunities
present themselves I'll probably Greyhound it there. But, maybe someone out
there is interested in going with me? As inexpensive lodging is available in
St. Louis, the only big hurdle to overcome is how to get from-point-a-to-point-
b while actually in the city. (For that a car might even come in handy).

  I expect the conference to be highly rewarding. Let me know...

  Sehvilla

Sehvilla Mann
smann at stu.parkland.edu
Monsanto Watch: www.organicconsumers.org/monlink