[Commotion-discuss] What self-hosted applications would you recommend?

Evan Hutchison evan_hutchison at post.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 11 13:42:39 EDT 2014

I just setup Owncloud on a BananaPi running Raspbian accessed via a WAP and
it kind of rocks.  I had to optimize the PHP and the extra processing power
beyond the RPi was very helpful.  Using it as a local server to distribute
readings and assignments in my classroom.  My students have done some great
stuff with XMPP apps for messaging.  I think what is needed is for folks
with expertise to flash configured packages to SDs for devices like Pis-
 will make things much more accessible.  There is some great documentation,
but I would like to see an open Fantastico-type GUI for civic-oriented
apps. Hoping to open source the apps we have developed-  but having IP
issues with the school I work at.  They are less than supportive.