[Community] Re: [bikecoop-staff] IMC "Skill Share" session during/before open hours?

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 19:18:23 CDT 2009

Hi everyone-
So it looks like an 8/29, 1-2p skillshare on changing a tire, basic bike lubrication, and if time / skill level allows "How to true a wheel on your bike." That's great! Can you write a little blurb up for us for promotion?
I know that the bike coop is premised on skillsharing, however the benefit/difference is that:
People who don't know about the bike coop or haven't necessarily been involved will find out through our promotion and learn more about the bike coop
It provides a bonus opportunity for other IMCstas to exchange skills and respect with each other, creating a more supportive internal community
It demonstrates support by the bike project of the larger community
So, GO TEAM! Thank you very much for opening your hours! Once we get your blurb (a few sentences) we will promote this on the skillshare page and through posters. We also encourage you to let your constituents know about the skillshare project so that they can beef their skills and feel invited to offer their own. There's verbage on the skillshare webpage, but I can send you more if that's helpful. Today we had 5 people show up who'd never been to the IMC before!
ElizabethCommunity Connectionsp.s. there is a great bike stencil in the upstairs bathroom- monster bikes! I'd made the little finny bike stencil that was in the coop space, this was made by someone else.

A strong people need no leader
- Zapata