[Community] open house/skillshare draft revision

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 14:31:39 CDT 2009

Chris,

The open house looks great.

My main addition to the skillshare (below) was to heighten the request for folks to submit skillshare ideas. I also combined the two mentions of the extravaanze into the first paragraph. Great job!

IMC Super Summer Saturday Skillshares and Super Skillshare Extravaganza

The IMC will celebrate summer with skillshare events throughout August, ending with a day-long skillshare extravaganza. Every Saturday in August (8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22) from 11am-2pm, you can come learn something new (please bring a snack). We will finish out the summer on Aug 29th, with a full day of skillshare workshops and lunch provided by Food Not Bombs.

What's a skillshare?  It's an space/place where we learn from one another- a place for sharing practical skills to live more happy, creative, and sustainable lives. Learning is plentiful, happens everywhere, and doesn't need to come with price tags or expert degrees. We are all teachers. We are all students. We want to live with enthusiasm, so let us learn with vigor!
We need you to support this project by offering up your skills. You don't need to be a seasoned teacher- this informal setting is a great way to share your wealth, and we're available to answer any questions. Sign up on the website (website address) or contact skillshare at ucimc.org for more info!
Look for our schedule of skillshare workshops soon!