[Community] Last Meeting Notes

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 12:32:32 CDT 2009

You might have your own notes... but here are some highlights including some tasks:

-We're hosting Steering next month, and will focus on developing a list of how members benefit from the IMC, to support the membership drive
-elizaBeth will meet with Nicole to support planning the membership drive
-Steve and Jason will move a locker into the loading dock and look into a combination lock for it for staff to use.
-Steve (has) looked into and gotten a phone with options to prevent abuse
-Jason will move/attach a whiteboard in front of the staffing desk

-elizaBeth will contact the working groups to ID a phone contact person for each group for times when email isn't cutting it.

CC is not the staff workgroup, however right now there isn't one, so we discussed some staff topics:
-Nicole, Steve, and Jason are NOT staffing unless they are specifically doing a staffing shift. Otherwise they will lock the front door.
-Brian (is working on) the staff manual, which should include: a specific tasks to do list and general (ongoing) ways to help list, and a staff-staff notes section.
-A 'staff kit' could be created and stored in the lockers with pens, cash box (for consignment), staff manual, etc.
-A phone book is needed for the staff desk (done)

-E

A strong people need no leader
- Zapata