[Community] inviting regional IMC reps to Dec 5th event

Carly Nix nix.carly at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 22:55:32 CST 2009

Hey,

When Andrew and I were in Minneapolis, we stayed with someone from the Twin
Cities IMC who picked our brains for how to expand and strengthen their IMC
there (which has only a few active members currently).  I told him that I
didn't know what advice to give him, but that he should come to the Dec 5th
event at the UC-IMC.  He said he wanted to go but his money situation is
tight.  Danielle told me Amy Dalton is going to be talking about the
problems facing IMCs, and so I think it'd be really great to invite
 regional IMCs (in general but especially ones that are struggling) and
possibly try to raise some bucks to pay for some travel expenses.  I don't
think it'd be super expensive -- I checked on Megabus/Amtrak tickets from
Minneapolis, and I think it'd be about $60 total.  Thoughts?  If I was going
to organize this and email IMC members about asking for donations, which
email list would I use?

-Carly

--

Carly Nix!