[Community] [IMC] Fwd: IMC Space

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:47:21 CDT 2010

I agree Belden. There are several spaces where this offer could be
incredibly helpful:
- Media Production room/Print desk: Brian Duggan and Carly have already been
working on plans to redo the desks & storage
- WRFU automation cabinet: Carly and Meme are moving forward with this, but
coud get help & materials
- Library & public computing: desks for public computers with secure
computer storage; desks, seating, flexible storage for library & other areas
to replace the handme downs we currently use

I'm copying the Community Connections group on this since it served as a
funneling point for several groups of interns this spring. We might use the
same model with this request. Working groups have projects they need done,
outside departments, professors, etc. need a single point of contact. Anyone
have objections to this or other ideas?

As we get more involvement with departments, it would be great to formalize
the arrangement at the department level with Architecture, Media Studies, &
other depts on campus whose instructors, students & classes want to have
community engagement experiences with the IMC.

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Belden Fields <a-fields at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> This looks like a great opportunity to me.  The Public i and the CUCPJ will
> be getting interns and it would be great if there were desks and chairs for
> these people.
> Belden
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *Stewart Hicks <stewart.h at gmail.com>
> *Date: *April 23, 2010 12:39:42 PM CDT
> *To: *imc at ucimc.org
> *Subject: **[IMC] IMC Space*
>
> Hello,
>
> My name is Stewart Hicks and I am a designer and Assistant Professor of
> Architecture at the University of Illinois. After visiting your space a few
> times, it occured to me that you might benefit from some well designed
> desks/shelves that could become a project for me and some students. Our
> school does projects like this all the time, but usually for things internal
> to the University. However, it might be a great opportunity for you to gain
> some nice furniture and other constructions, and for us to design and get
> experience for our students. It might even be like a design/build studio
> that runs over the summer. We also have access to some recycled material
> that could be used in interesting new ways, cutting time and cost to a
> minimum.
>
> If you are interested in something like this please let me know. We can
> discuss the particulars and I can show you some examples of what I have in
> mind.
>
> Thank you for your time,
>

> Stewart Hicks
>
> Assistant Professor