[Community] [IMC] Basic Funds

Danielle Chynoweth danielle at prometheusradio.org
Wed Dec 1 00:11:04 CST 2010

We want people to have what they need to do their jobs.

Usually supplies are taken care of within the working groups - so go to that
group and ask. If something is for the IMC as a whole, anyone working on the
project can ask for gen ops money from the finance group any Thursday at
5:30.

If it is a big purchase, be prepared to have a discussion about it.  I am
working on a financial report and we are just at break even so any new
purchase requires us to cut. Small purchases are easy.

Any time we have asked for donations, they come in - I haven't seen an ask
in a while, but would like to!

Supplies at the IMC regularly walk.  Recently, we went from paying $150/mo
to $300/mo for janitorial supplies until we locked them down - we are not
back to $150/mo.  So requests for office supplies need a secure space (the
finance or AC offices will do).

I suggest Austin and Kristina bring a proposal to finance for fundraising
materials needs.   I am in the finance group and this is the first I have
heard of this need.  Happy to discuss it.

cheers,

- Danielle