[Community] Fwd: imc lists

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 14:37:14 CST 2010

Hi Nicole and Jay-

My recommendation for this, as it was for events, is to send an email to the membership list, giving them the option to join. In this case, I would also ask Katy to include it in one of the weekly 'events' emails, again as an 'opt-in' feature.

Other than that, I would just leave it to B2P's outreach efforts to add folks. Part of this is making sure that B2P gets any names/emails of folks who show interest in them on sign-in sheets, and that when people get a 'thanks for showing interest in the IMC' email this is included as an option. I think all that is in Nicole's purview- am I right?

Also, to clairfy:
imc at ucimc.org is to reach spokes for issues/concerns/inquiries
events is the distro list that gets a weekly email through Katy
members is the members list that only gets info directly related to imc membership

Take care,
Elizabeth

I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.

-Harriet Tubman