[Community] Fwd: Fall 2010 Internships

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 15:29:43 CST 2010

Hi folks-

Here is the big list I'd made for Issac (below) for reference.

I'd like to see a Skillshares intern and a Internal Cohesion/Communications intern added to the list. Here's what I wrote up for them:

IMC Skillshares Intern:
A skillshare is a space/place where people learn practical skills to live more happy,
creative, and sustainable lives. These could be anything from checkbook balancing, to audio production, to instrument making, and so on. The IMC facilitates the offering of skillshares on a semi-monthly basis. The Skillshares Intern would work with the Community Connections group to:
-Update and develop promotional material, including posters, PSAs, and the website
-Publicize skillshare events to the IMC and broader community
-Do outreach to encourage community members to offer skillshares
-Plan skillshare events
-Coordinate space and time logics for skillshare events

IMC Internal Cohesion/Communications Intern:
The IMC is a non-traditional structure made up of a de-centralized set of workgroups. Clear communication is essential to the heath of the organization. The Internal Cohesion/Communications intern would work with Community Connections to:
-Maintain and develop e-communications processes via listservs, webpages, wikis, and e-newsletters
-Maintain and develop updated contact lists
-Plan and coordinate teambuilding events such as potlucks, movie nights, etc.
-Foster a supportive environment though forums and projects providing/encouraging positive feedback and appreciation
-Provide internal support to address conflicts arising from mis-communication

Hooray for us!
-E

Actively Seeking:
Social Work/Sociology/Community Health: Community needs/engagement Assessment
Education/Program Development: Community Skillshare Project
Library Science: Zine Library Project

Available:
Business Administration
Non-Profit Management
Grantwriting
Accounting
Outreach
Public Relations
Marketing
Graphic Design
Public Arts
Library Science
Communications
Journalism
Composition and Creative Writing
Radio
TV/Video
Music/Audio Production
Digital Media
Sound Design
Lights/Stage Tech
Theater
Mass Communication
Web Design/Support
Database Management
Network System Administration
Community Health
Community Psychology
Political Science
Child Development
Social Work
Sociology
Criminal Justice
Education
Building Construction and Repair
Interior design
Landscaping
Urban planning/development
Hospitality

I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.

-Harriet Tubman