[Community] March 13 is Coming!!!

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 16:58:05 CST 2010

Hi All- (Erin and Katy- I'm sending you this so you have all the info to help with promo),

Community connections is meeting every wednesday at 6 (including today- come on over!). Tonight we'll focus on promo stuff. I would say absolutely people should come this week or next so that we can make sure everything is on task. We also can use help around 10am on the 13th to set up.

Can someone chime in about food not bombs and the really really free market? Last I heard, there was a need for blankets to put things on. I'm assuming that plates etc. will be needed for FNB? Speak up my good people!

Meanwhile, we REALLY need promotion help (Hey Dave- how are the posters coming?). Please spread the word! I've attached info (march13isawesome) to send to listservs- forward, ho! It's also right below my signature. NONE of the flyers attached are accurate- they are attached so that someone could make new ones. I don't have any graphics for FNB, but you can get them at www.foodnotbombs.net.

Yes, you can set up a table for anti-war demonstrations (if you can bring a table, that would help- we'll be pinched). Also, you'd need to make sure that poster making supplies are around. This would also be a good match with the letters to political prisoners project. (Emily Henkel, meet Chris Watson)

-E

Open House
The U-C
Independent Media Center is celebrating 10 years of promoting social and
economic justice in the Champaign County area. Find out what the fuss is about
at our open house on Saturday, March 13 from 11-2pm at 202 S. Broadway Street
in Urbana. Enjoy food from Food Not Bombs, give or take at the Really Really
Free Market, participate in skillshares including improv, tape casting (art),
theater of the oppressed, and vocal percussion, write a letter to a political
prisoner, and enjoy our vibrant community.

Skillshares
The IMC is all
about sharing our time & talents with those around us. A skillshare is a
space/place where we learn from one another- a place for sharing practical
skills to live more happy, creative, and sustainable lives. Learning is
plentiful, happens everywhere, and doesn't need to come with price tags or
expert degrees. We are all teachers. We are all students. We want to live with
enthusiasm, so let us learn with vigor!

Got a skill to
share? Support your community by offering up your skills. You don't need
to be a seasoned teacher- this informal setting is a great way to share your
wealth, and we're available to answer any questions and help promote it.

For more info,
contact:community at ucimc.org
Or visit:www.ucimc.org/skillshare

Really Really Free Market

No money *. No
barter*. No trade*.
Music. Stuff.
Food. Fun.
*Everything is
free

Bring your friends
and things to give.

The Really Really
Free Market is a festival where no money is exchanged, no bartering or trading
takes place. Everything is free. The community is invited to bring under-used
items (like that skateboard in your attic or sewing kit you never use) and
skills and services (think: free back-rubs and bike tune-ups) and give them
away. Everyone is welcome to a party where there's no distinction between those
that have and those in need. And of course, the event is really really free.

For more info,
contact:rrfm-champaign-urbana at googlegroups.com
Or visit:http://www.reallyreallyfree.org/

Food Not Bombs
Food Not Bombs
shares free vegan and vegetarian meals in over 1,000 cities around the world
every week to protest war, poverty and the destruction of the environment. With
over a billion people going hungry each day how can we spend another dollar on
war?

For more info
contact:foodnotbombs.
cu at gmail. com