[Cprb] tasks?

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Jul 21 02:52:42 CDT 2003

At 05:43 PM 07/16/03 -0500, Al Weiss wrote:

>Hey all
>
>I had a couple of tasks to complete for the CPRB but they depend on
>others.  If those with a copy of the CPRB brochure would send their
>edits to me I can go ahead and make up the final brochure.
>
>Also, John, if you could send those documents to me I would be happy to
>put them up on the website (although I still don't have the passwords).
>
>Finally, I suggest we should have another meeting once all the
>appointed tasks from the last meeting are completed to discuss where we
>go from here.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Al (Mr. Median)* Weiss
>
>*Sometimes referred to as Mr. Mean

All right, attached is my edited version of the CPRB brochure.  I'm pretty
sure it will reach Al, less sure it will reach everyone on the groogroo
CPRB list since I think the groogroo server strips file attachments.
Anyone who wants to see my revised version can e-mail me for it.

I went over and over and over it.  I changed the font sizes to make them
consistent and to make everything fit on two pages.  I changed the wording
throughout the document to reflect the fact that Champaign and Urbana
require SEPARATE citizen police review boards.  I changed the contact info
from the NAACP mailbox to our Prairie Green mailbox.  Etc., etc.

I did NOT recheck the literature of the three organizations I listed as
having done studies; I made the language general enough, I hope, to
incorporate any conclusions they may have come to, the gist of which I
recall from earlier research.

It would be nice to have a longer list of local supporters, and of cities
comparable in size to C-U that have CPRB's.  We also need more contact info
on the brochure, such as an e-mail address, a web site, and perhaps a phone
number.

Yesterday I e-mailed Al files containing our CPRB proposal and the list of
web sites pertinent to CPRB's.  I did NOT check the web sites to make sure
the links are still current; someone with high-speed internet should
probably do that before we post them on our own web site.

I have asked Jeff N-O if he would be so kind as to contact Catherine Hogue
about arranging a monthly meeting time at the NAACP offices.  Jeff and I
are also in the beginning stages of collaboration on an article about
CPRB's for the public i.  Jeff is going to write the rough draft as far as
I know, but I'm sure we'll be talking about it as we go along.  The
deadline for that is ostensibly Monday, August 11, which doesn't give us a
tremendous amount of time.

That's pretty much it from my end, I guess, and should bring you all up to
date.  If others of you are doing other things related to the CPRB
coalition, it would be nice to hear about them.

John