[Cprb] PARC - Police Assessment Resource Center Related Links

Fri Oct 3 22:39:50 CDT 2003

Here, from a web search I did today, is a very extensive list, and what I
hope is an up-to-date list, of links to web sites related to citizen police
review.  I haven't checked them all out by any means.

I've placed an asterisk next to the ones I think are the most important or
pertinent, and I hope that Al will check those out and add them to our
nascent web site if they aren't on there already.  For the rest of you,
this is merely information available to you, which I hope you'll peruse at
your leisure.

John

  PARC - Police Assessment Resource Center

   Biltmore Court
   520 South Grand Avenue, Suite 1070
   Los Angeles, California 90071

   Tel (213) 623-5757
   Fax (213) 623-5959
   Email:information at parc.info

   Organizations/Associations

*  Americans for Effective Law Enforcement
   http://www.aele.org/

   Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies
   http://www.calea.org/

   Hispanic American Police Command Officer's Association
   http://www.hapcoa.org/

   The International Association of Chiefs of Police
   http://www.theiacp.org/

*  National Association of Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement
   http://www.nacole.org/

   National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives
   http://www.nawlee.com/

   National Black Police Association
   http://www.blackpolice.org/

*  National Center for Women and Policing
   http://www.feminist.org/welcome/police1.html

   National Latino Peace Officers Association
   http://www.nlpoa.com/

   National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives
   http://www.noblenatl.org/

   National Sheriffs' Association
   http://www.sheriffs.org/

   Police Executive Research Forum
   http://www.policeforum.org/

   The Police Foundation
   http://www.policefoundation.org/

   Information

   Expertise in management and assessment of hi-risk police tactics by
   Dr. Geoffrey P. Alpert
   http://www.deadlyforce.com/

*  Police accountability, Sam Walker
   http://www.policeaccountability.org/

   Police Center, a legal resource for law enforcement
   http://www.policecenter.com/

   Policing.com
   http://www.policing.com/

   Police Training.net
   http://www.policetraining.net/

*  Vera Institute of Justice-Civilian Oversight
   http://www.vera.org/civilianoversight

   Government

   Department of Justice
   http://www.usdoj.gov/

*  Office of Community Oriented Policing (COPS)
   http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/

*  National Institute of Justice
   http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/

   Special Litigation, Department of Justice
   http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/split/

   Police Associations

   Fraternal Order of Police
   http://www.grandlodgefop.org

   National Association of Police Organizations
   http://www.napo.org

   Public Interest Groups

*  ACLU Criminal Justice Page
   http://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal/hmcj.html

   Human Rights Watch
   http://www.hrw.org/

   Lawyers for Human Rights
   http://www.lhr.org.za/

   Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
   http://www.civilrights.org/

   National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
   http://www.naacp.org/

   McArthur Justice Center
   http://macarthur.uchicago.edu/

   National Urban League
   http://www.nul.org/

   Partners

   Ford Foundation
   http://www.fordfound.org/

   Vera Institute of Justice
   http://www.vera.org/

   Civilian Review Boards

   Albany, New York, Citizen Police Review Board
   http://www2.als.edu/glc/cprb/index.htm

   Albuquerque, New Mexico, Office of Independent Review of the Police
   Oversight Commission
   http://www.cabq.gov/iro/

   Baltimore, Maryland, Civilian Review Board
   http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/government/crb/

   Berkeley, California, The Police Review Commission
   http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/prc/

   Berkeley, California, University of Berkeley California, Police Review
   Board
   http://public-safety.berkeley.edu/police/safetycounts/pages/otherservi
   ces/ucpd.html

   Boise, Idaho, Ombudsman
   http://www.boiseombudsman.org/
   (Reports available online)

   Buffalo, New York, Commission on Citizen Rights and Community
   Relations
   http://www.ci.buffalo.ny.us/document_899.html

   Cambridge, Massachusetts, Police Review and Advisory Board
   http://www.ci.cambridge.ma.us/~PRAB/

   Dallas, Texas, Police Citizen Review Board
   http://www.ci.dallas.tx.us/cso/cprb/

   Dayton, Ohio, Ombudsman
   http://www.dayton-ombudsman.org

   Denver, Colorado, Public Safety Review Commission
   http://www.denvergov.org/Boards_and_Commissions/template22420.asp

   Detroit, Michigan, The Board of Police Commissioners
   http://www3.ci.detroit.mi.us/legislative/ResourceGuide/P.htm#2_42_4

   Honolulu, Hawaii, Police Commission
   http://www.honolulupd.org/main/hpc.htm

   Indianapolis, Indiana, Citizen Complaint Office
   http://www.indygov.org/ipd/citizencomplaint/citizencomplaint.htm

   Iowa City, Iowa, Police Citizens Review Board
   http://www.iowa-city.org/board_members.asp?ID=21

   Kansas City, Missouri, The Office of Citizen Complaints
   http://www.kcpd.org/PoliceMisconduct.html

   King County, Washington, Ombudsman
   http://www.metrokc.gov/ombuds/

   Knoxville, Tennessee, Citizens for Police Review
   http://www.korrnet.org/cpr/rights.htm

   Las Vegas, Nevada, Citizen Review Board
   http://www.citizenreviewboard.com/

   Long Beach, California, Citizen Complaint Commission
   http://www.ci.long-beach.ca.us/cpcc/complaint.htm

   Los Angeles, California, Office of Inspector General
   http://www.lacity.org/oig/
   (Reports available online)

   Los Angeles County, California, Office of the Ombudsman
   http://ombudsman.co.la.ca.us/

   Miami-Dade, Florida, Independent Review Panel
   http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/irp/

   Milwaukee, Wisconsin Fire and Police Commission
   http://www.milwaukee.gov/fpc/

   Minneapolis, Minnesota, Civilian Review Authority
   http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/citywork/other/cpra.html

   New York City, New York, Civilian Review Complaint Board
   http://www.nyc.gov/html/ccrb/home.html
   (Reports available online)

   Oakland, California, Citizen's Police Review Board
   http://www.oaklandnet.com/government/citizens/filing_complaints.html

   Orange County, Florida, The Citizen Review Board
   http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Aware/advisory/board_details.asp?id=66

   Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Police Advisory Commission
   http://www.phila.gov/pac

   Pittsburgh Citizen Review Board
   http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/cprb/
   (Reports available online)

   Portland, Oregon, Independent Police Review Board
   http://www.ci.portland.or.us/auditor/ipr/
   (Reports available online)

   Rochester, New York, Center for Dispute Settlement
   http://www.cdsadr.org/polpro.htm

   Sacramento, California, Office of Police Accountability
   http://www.cityofsacramento.org/cityman/monitor.html
   (Reports available online)

   Salt Lake City, Utah, Civilian Review Board
   http://www.ci.slc.ut.us/police/community/crb.htm

   San Diego, California, The Citizens Law Enforcement Review Board
   (CLERB)
   http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/clerb/index.html
   (Reports available online)

   San Francisco, California, Office of Citizen Complaints
   http://www.ci.sf.ca.us/site/occ_index.asp
   (Reports available online)

   San Jose, California, Office of the Independent Police Auditor
   http://www.ci.san-jose.ca.us/ipa/home.html
   (Reports available online)

   Santa Cruz, California, Citizen's Police Review Board
   http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/cm/cprb/overview.html

   Sausalito, California, Citizen Advisory Board
   http://www.ci.sausalito.ca.us/phone-roster/police.htm

   Seattle, Washington, Office of Professional Accountability
   http://www.cityofseattle.net/police/OPA/default.htm

   Tucson, Arizona, Independent Police Auditor
   http://www.ci.tucson.az.us/ia.html

   Washington, D.C., Office of Citizen Complaint Review
   http://occr.dc.gov/main.shtm
   (Reports available online)

   Monitor Reports

   Cincinnati Monitor
   http://www.gabsnet.com/cincinnatimonitor/

   Detroit Monitor
   http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/police/doj/doj_cd_q&a.htm

   Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
   http://lacounty.info/bobb.htm
   http://www.parc.info/pubs/index.html

   Los Angeles, California, Office of Independent Review
   http://www.laoir.com/

   Los Angeles Police Department
   http://www.ci.la.ca.us/oig/isgrp1.htm
   http://www.krollworldwide.com/lapd/

   Metropolitian Police Department, Washington, D.C.
   http://www.policemonitor.org

   New Jersey State Troopers
   http://www.state.nj.us/lps/monitors.htm