[Cprb] Urbana Proposal

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 8 12:12:47 CDT 2003

Hello CPRB list,

Elaine and I sat down and talked today about the CPRB and we both decided
that we have to MOVE ON THIS THING.   So let's move on this Urbana CPRB
proposal ASAP!

I think that we should have two meetings.  We picked a Monday or Tuesday
because that worked best for Elaine and me.  If you plan on attending these
meetings, please let me know availability as to time and date.  If enough
people can't do those dates, we'll move it around.

So first meeting either Monday, October 20th or Tuesday, October 21st,
perhaps at the Channing-Murray foundation (Elaine will do this).  We will
meet as a small group to hammer out the details of the Urbana proposal and
write a concrete agenda for our second meeting.

Either Monday, October 27th or Tuesday, October 28th, we have a huge "town
meeting" where we invite our co-sponsoring groups, perhaps an Urbana city
council member (Danielle??)  and fine tune this whole thing to make sure
people agree with it and then plan for bringing this to the city council.

I think we need to bring this to the Urbana City Council ASAP.  Elaine is
going to Germany in January; let's do this before she leaves.  We have what
we need to get this passed.  The argument for it is tremendous.  So let's
just do it, with the condition that we will keep meeting soon after to make
sure that it gets implemented the way we want it.  I think that the city
council will change drastically in Spring of 2005, so it'll be better if we
get this done with people that we think will vote on it so that they have
time to implement it.

In the meantime, we need to work at getting co-sponsors and getting petition
signatures!

- Jen Walling