[Cprb] Contacting Urbana City Council members

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 15:18:47 CDT 2003

This discussion is very encouraging, in my opinion.  I
meant to say so sooner.  And, sure, I'd be willing to
meet with whoever wants to sit and talk about this
face-to-face.  I meant to say that sooner, too.

But I think John's point is pretty much on the mark.
The best part, again in my opinion, about 'grassroots'
initiatives is not that a bunch of us activists can
push something through a city council, but that it's
an opportunity for a community to work together in a
more concretely democratic way, building the broadest
possible coalitions along the way.

There seems to be a lot of good energy here, so I can
see no reason this can't happen.  Thanks again, folks,
for doing this.

Ricky