[Cprb] Chuck D announcement, Volunteers needed

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 3 09:56:46 CST 2004

Hi CPRB folks,

As you all should know, the Chuck D lecture is next Friday!

I wanted to let all of you know that if you'd like to usher (or help pass
petitions) at the event, we'd love that!  Just send me your e-mail.
Also, we will be having a fundraising reception with Chuck D after the
event.  The cost will be $5 for people who volunteer, $10 for students, and
$15 for non-students.  You MUST RSVP to this so please let me know if you'd
like to come to the reception.

Thanks!
-Jen

Please forward
Chuck D, Legendary Rap and Hip-Hop Artist to Speak at UIUC

Lecture: "Race, Rap, Reality, and Technology"
When: Friday, April 9, 7PM
Where: Foellinger Auditorium, University of Illinois

Campus Greens at the University of Illinois will be hosting legendary
hip-hop artist, Chuck D at Foellinger Auditorium on April 9, 2004 at 7PM. As
leader and co-founder of legendary rap group Public Enemy, Chuck D redefined
rap music and Hip Hop culture.   His lyrics address issues such as race,
rap, rage, reality, and inequality.  Chuck D will speak at UIUC about such
issues as police review, diversity, racial profiling, and progressive
politics.  He has been invited as part of the campaign for police review in
C-U.  The event is free and open to the public.  For more info e-mail
dsacks at uiuc.edu <mailto:dsacks at uiuc.edu>

Current Co-Sponsors include: Campus Greens at UIUC, Anti-War Anti-Racism
Effort, Prairie Greens of East Central Illinois, U-C Hip-Hop, Black Law
Students Association, Student American Civil Liberties Union, National
Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, Student Peace Action,
Visionaries Educating Youth and Adults, and Amnesty International
More info on the Campus Greens - www.uiuc.edu/ro/greens
<http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/greens>
More info on Chuck D - http://www.kepplerassociates.com/speakers/chuckd.asp
<http://www.kepplerassociates.com/speakers/chuckd.asp>