[Cprb] Some updates

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 14 13:48:27 CDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

A couple of updates.

First, I met with Carol from a new group, Citizens for Equality and Justice
(I think that's the name).  She was really outspoken when the taser issue
went to the city council.  She really wants to work on this with us and
maybe have her group work towards police review, but I'll let her tell you
what she thinks of all of this.  She would like to meet with us on April 27
at 7PM.  Is that meeting time NOT good for anyone?

Second, at the Chuck D lecture, we got 50 signatures on the police review
petition and nearly 20 people wanted more info!  I will e-mail those people.

Lastly, Patrick and Martel are setting up a forum about minority relations
and law enforcement for May 1 from 11-2 at the Douglas library.  More info
on that to come.

-Jennifer