[Cprb] AWARE invites you July 4

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 23:19:53 CDT 2004

The Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort (AWARE)
invites you to march with us
(if you don't already have a spot)
alongside our third annual Fourth of July parade float
this Sunday
July 4 at 12:30pm,
NE corner of Oregon and Goodwin.
(We are No. 37.)

We are proud of our float, but a message like ours
needs that human face to make it real and bring it
home (along with the troops).  Our community needs to
see the people who support alternatives to war, racism
and domination right in our own backyard, and they
need to see us on July 4 - a day that, at least
theoretically, celebrates some worthy ideals and a
bunch of radicals who (for all their faults) refused
to sit back and watch their government commit a whole
lot of grave injustices in their name.

Our community needs to see WHO the current
representatives of that spirit of protest are.  They
need to see YOU.

We will have signs you can carry, or feel free to
bring your own.  You can ride on the float if you get
hot and tired.  You can walk along, waving at the
cheering crowds (and some who jeer, too) and chatting
with interesting, committed activists who also know
how to party.

Hope to see you there!