[CPRB] Police Misconduct!!

Carol George lifestratinst19 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 23 09:25:52 CST 2004

BE Peace!  There is a very interesting situation involving a 110 pound African American female, Manisha, and the local police department.  Details such as her last name and which department elude me right now.  However, the misconduct of the officers is unquestionable.  Manisha was told to "SHUT UP!" by an officer ans we she responded she was thrown to the ground and manhandled by several officers who came to aid the arresting officer.  Manisha was taken into custody, charged with aggravated battery on a police officer(she weighs 110 lbs with weights in her pockets), resisting arrest, and was later refused medical treatment by the county.  After posting a bond the following morning Manisha had to take herself to the emergency room.   This is yet another reason for CPRB and why we fight for Peace & Justice.  Manisha will be in court today at 3:30 p.m. in courtroom F.  Please come out to show your support.  BE Just!