[CPRB] Meeting minutes 4-19-05

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 15:24:58 CDT 2005

CPRB Meeting Minutes 4-19-05

Discussion of progress on tasks from previous meeting.
First and third Tuesdays reserved and paid for
meetings at IDF until June.
Notices of meeting schedule sent to Public ‘i‘, IMC,
etc.
Contacted by ACLU board asking for meeting schedule
and by Champaign City Council  member Giraldo Rosales
expressing interest.
Emailed and called Sgt. Anthony Cobb, president of
Urbana police union.  (***UPDATE: Sgt. Cobb is more
than willing to meet with us and bring a couple of
other members.  What we need is to suggest a few dates
we could meet in the next couple weeks.  Anyone who’d
like to participate in this meeting, please suggest
some dates and times.***)

Jen and Ricky were guests on Rev. Zernial Bogan’s
radio show “Speak Up” on WEFT this Saturday at 7AM,
discussing the police review board idea.  Went  well.
Ricky will be on Rev. Bogan’s show again June 4 with
Chris Evans.  Jen will be in Springfield.

Jen is dividing up the list of cities with some form
of civilian police review.  We need volunteers to
contact them for a little more info, as well as
volunteers to contact our co-sponsors to find liaisons
and/or volunteers for the next phase.

New mayor and city council members in Urbana will take
office in two weeks.  Incoming mayor Laurel Prussing
was a cofounder of our group.  Danielle Chynoweth has
attended meetings and Brandon Bowersox has repeatedly
expressed interest.  Need to meet with each of them
individually, and the Human Rights Commission.  (The
Commissioners can express why the cprb should be a
separate body.)

Ricky will email the new people who have recently
signed the petition - about 50.

Mort will help arrange/make a renewed pitch to an
upcoming AWARE meeting, urging participation.  Ricky
will look into the same at NAACP and contact Chris
Evans about stories and video he has collected.

NEXT MEETING:
Tuesday May 3 at 8pm, PRC Meeting Room, Illinois
Disciples Foundation
(corner of Wright and Springfield)

Omissions or mistakes are, naturally, mine.  Anybody
have anything to add, correct, critique or denounce?