[CPRB] Quick note about tonight.

jwalling at uiuc.edu jwalling at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 8 11:53:41 CST 2005

Hey everyone,

A quick reminder about tonight...

If you want to help set up, I'll be there at about 7:30.  I
just wanted to thank everyone on this list who put so much
into gathering information about this campaign.  I hope
tonight will be a really great discussion

I received surveys from nearly every candidate and will have
those available tonight.  Hopefully we can put them on the
website.

Please come tonight, even if it's just for a short time; we
really need to show these candidates that this is an
important issue.
Thanks so much!
-Jen Walling

Forum on Community Police Relations
When: February 8 at 8PM
Where: Urbana City Council Chambers, 400 S. Vine, Urbana

Be part of a live discussion on the Community/Police
Relations in the city of Urbana. Speakers will discuss the
current strengths and weaknesses of the relationship between
police, the community, and our criminal justice system in
Urbana, suggest alternatives, and encourage citizens to get
involved.

The Coalition for Citizen Police Review will share the
results of a survey of city council candidates on their view
on Citizen Police Review Boards. Currently, Urbana city
council candidates Laurel Prussing, Danielle Chynoweth,
Brandon Bowersox, Ricky Baldwin, Durl Kruse, Lynne Barnes,
Dennis Roberts, and Casey Diana are expected to attend the
forum.

Speakers include
- Mark Krug, Director of Court Diversion Service
- Carol Ammons and Sandra Ahten, C-U Citizens for Peace and
Justice
- Rev. Zernial Bogan

Anyone is welcome to attend. The audience will be encourage
to share their stories and comments. For more info on Citizen
Police Review Boards, please visit

www.prairienet.org/cprb