[CPRB] June 7 meeting minutes

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 13:28:50 CDT 2005

Champaign County Coalition for Citizen Police Review
June 7, 2005

Biren Patel attended his first meeting, representing
the UIUC student ACLU chapter.  John Wason will add
Biren to CPRB email list.  Bill Brown from the other
ACLU chapter could not attend but plans on attending
June 21.

John reviewed beginnings of our coalition, assessed
where we are now.

Jen Walling couldn't attend, but phoned before the
meeting with suggested dates and times from Urbana
Mayor Laurel Prussing for meeting with her:
Wed June 22 - any time but noon to 1pm
Thu June 23 - any time after 10am
Fri June 24 - any time before noon
We discussed our preferences and Jen's, and picked
Wed. June 22 at 4pm.  Ricky Baldwin will notify Jen,
who will set up the meeting with Laurel's office.

Ricky reported that there has been no progress in
setting up the meeting with Urbana police union
representatives.  We had proposed dates and times, but
these did not work.  The police were going to suggest
some alternate times, but they have not done so.

John suggests we wait until we have these meetings set
up before contacting City Council members about
meeting.

Discussion of other groups with common interest.  John
will contact Carol and Aaron Ammons.  Ricky will
contact Sandra Ahten and Kim Kranich again.  John says
Zernial Bogan has resigned from his position at the
NAACP.  He is still interested in involvement with
CPRB.

NEXT MEETING:
Tues. June 21 at 8pm
Illinois Disciples Foundation