[CPRB] Re: [CUCPJ Announce] Interesting quotes & comments in the N-G articles.

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 04:12:37 CDT 2007

This "diversion" program is what was used back in 2001 when the two members
of the School for Designing a Society were arrested and charged with
obstruction of justice for peacefully standing on the sidewalk and observing
a police stop.  They basically use the carrot and the stick approach -
threaten to charge you with a bogus crime, and dangle the "diversion"
program in front of you with the expectation that you'll choose the path of
least (and least expensive) resistance.  You're damned if you do and damned
if you don't.  Bottom line: It's state coercion if you didn't commit a crime
in the first place.

John Wason