[CPRB] Fwd: [Announce] Congratulations on the Citizens Police Review Board!!

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:07:14 CDT 2007

BE, peace.  I wanted to say congratulations to all who have worked on this
issue, especially the citizens who worked within the CPRB Committee(John W.,
Jen, Ricky B., Esther, etc..)!!!  This will always be remembered as a great
moment in Urbana history because we will continue to do the honest work
necessary to make that a reality.   After viewing the footage from the first
Unity March, I saw a dedicated city council-female lay out the agenda of the
group that organized the March: 1)  Get eavesdropping charges dropped
2) register voters 3)  Toss Piland/elect Julia  4)  Get a CPRB  5)  show the
power of organized grassroots citizens:  4.5 out of 5 ain't bad at all!!!
(for a five we need to register 10,000 voters!)
At this point I am reminded of the Margeret Mead quote about the dedication
and committment of a small group of people that change the World.  You are
apart of that group of people and don't ever forget it!!

Also, I would like to thank all the open-minded city council persons who
voted to continue to empower the citizens of Urbana. YOU ARE MUCH
APPRECIATED!!!

I pray that we continue to operate from Love and Truth so that we are a
continuous ray of light.  BE, just!

Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.
Urbana, IL 61801