[CPRB] NG editorial

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:13:20 CDT 2007

Anybody want to respond to this?
Anybody care about criminals?

BD

 [image: The News-Gazette.com]   Stop council from harassing police Sunday
July 15, 2007

Wake up, people. The Urbana City Council and your mayor are at it again.

They have been in the process for some time of hatching a power play to
further restrict and harass our law enforcement personnel who are already
doing an excellent job. Personally, I couldn't care less about how criminals
are treated.

It is their desire to form a committee of civilians who will handle
complaints from miscreants about the conduct of police business. These
people will not be required to possess even a modicum of law enforcement
knowledge or training.

Get this. Their proposal will bar anyone with a law enforcement background
from serving on this board, but anyone with a felony record will have the
right to be chosen to serve.

There are only two members of the council who are opposed to this move,
Lynne Barnes and Heather Stevenson, and their logic has been stonewalled at
every turn by the liberal nannies we have running our city.

For anyone who hasn't the time to check the voting records of people on the
council, call me and I will give you a detailed rundown. It will affect your
vote in the next election. Please vote.

JOHN NORWOOD

Urbana
------------------------------
Find this article at:
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/opinions/letters/2007/07/15/stop_council_from_harassing_police
Comments

[image: The News-Gazette.com, The East Central Illinios Online source for
news and advertising] <http://www.news-gazette.com/>

Contents of this site are (c) Copyright 2007 The News-Gazette, Inc. All rights
reserved.

--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.