[C-U Smokefree Announce] Upcoming meetings

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Fri May 28 18:07:33 CDT 2004

Greetings to all of our C-U Smokefree supporters!

This is just a reminder that we have our regular monthly meeting next Tuesday, June 1 at 7 pm at the Carle Forum, Fritz Conference Room.  If you'd like you can print a flyer from our website at http://cu-smokefree.chambana.net.

At the meeting, we will be updating our planning efforts for our upcoming visit by Vice-Mayor Mike Scanlon of Lexington, Kentucky. Mr. Scanlon was the driving force behind the passage of a smoke-free ordinance in the heart of tobacco country and is the single largest franchise holder of Applebee's Restaurants.  And he recently made all of his Applebee's Restaurants smokefree!

We need a good turnout for this event, so mark your calendars if you can make it out.  It will be at 10am on June 17th at the Champaign Public Library Auditorium.

We'll also be staffing a tent at this year's Taste of Champaign at the end of June.

Thanks again for your support!

Dr. Scott Hays
President
C-U Smokefree Alliance