[Cu-wireless-alert] Re: might have killed peter's node?

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Jul 18 20:04:59 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 07:08:27PM -0500, Paul A. Kennedy wrote:
> Hello wireless people...
>
> I tried the following tcpdump command and peterm seemed to freeze.  I
> tried to break out of it with no success. Eventually the node kicked me
> off (or my node gave up on it).
>
> Did I do something gravely wrong?

You have to use -p. There is a bug in the !@#$^ Prism firmware where it
does not answer RTS/CTS in promiscuous mode. The way to get connected
again is to turn off RTS/CTS on your node, ssh in and kill your tcpdump,
and then turn RTS/CTS back on.

Try that. If it doesn't work for you, send a second e-mail to
wireless-alert and I will fix it from my end.

You can turn off RTS/CTS on NetBSD using 'wiconfig wi0 -r 2347'.
Note that wiconfig is on its way out; eventually the command will change
to 'ifconfig wi0 rtsthr 2347'.

Dave