[CUWiN-Alert] Good News, Upgrades & Updates:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue Mar 29 17:37:56 CST 2005

Hi everyone,

A bunch of updates to report.  I've heard that the Chambana.net T1 line
was installed today, which will provide a huge boost to the bandwidth
available to the wireless network.  In addition, now that the weather's
improving, we will also be installing 25 new nodes over the next month (so
if you're on the waiting list, you may be contacted soon) -- these
additional wireless nodes will strengthen the network and provide better
connectivity for everyone.  Finally, we are finishing up the process of
upgrading the entire network -- this too should be completed by the end of
April.

We will be beginning upgrades in the South of the network and working our
way towards the North and East.  See:

http://www.saschameinrath.com/misc/cuwin-node-locations-map.jpg

Overall, this is great news for everyone -- your patience should begin
paying off very soon.  As always, let me know if you have any questions.

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst