[CUWiN-Dev] nerone node password problems

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sun Apr 17 14:37:22 CDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 05:47:14PM -0500, tom wrote:
> Would there be any reason that the Nerone node, running version 0.5.4
> according to the wiki, would have different passwords than the others? I was
> there today, the bdcribbs account (which I have been using to do upgrades)
> didn't work. Neither did the root account, but I'm not sure if that's
> because it won't allow you to SSH in as root, even over the wire.
>
> Ideas on what to use instead?

It probably does not let you ssh in as root.

I don't know what the password could be.  I believe Zach Miller upgraded
those nodes.  Maybe he knows the password.

It's possible that the nodes were upgraded with the public distribution,
which has a guest account and a different root password than we use
internally.