known bugs (was [CUWiN-Dev] State of the Network?)

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon Apr 18 17:13:49 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 02:05:11AM -0500, David Young wrote:
> There are a few known problems:
>
>         * There is at least one bug in the Mar 9 SPF code.  One SPF bug
>           triggers a diagnostic assertion and core dump---hslsd prefers
>           to commit seppuku than to live with the dishonor of a fubar'd
>           routing table.  I believe I fixed that bug last night (I have
>           not checked in the fix).  Of course, the Mar 9 software does
>           not contain that fix.

A couple of nodes with the latest code ran all night without hslsd
dumping core, so I think this is fixed.  I committed the fix to the trunk.

>         * There is something wrong with ETX so that it produces metrics
>           less than 256 (the nominal minimum).  I am not certain that
>           this adversely affects the testbed operation, but it might.
>           I have a pretty good lead on the cause of this bug.

I figured this one out.  I fixed it on the trunk.

> I know of a new bug on the trunk: on our indoor testbed, it looks like
> ETX dumped core on two nodes as it tried to interpret a scrambled buffer.
> I'm going to leave some hslsd running overnight to see if it happens
> again.

I have not seen this happen again.  I'm not sure what was up.
Maybe libetx and hslsd were mismatched somehow.