[CUWiN-Dev] patches for building on linux

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 13:25:11 CDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, David Young wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 08:50:45AM -0500, Bill Comisky wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, David Young wrote:
>>
>>> I've been working at low-intensity on cross-building CUWiN on non-NetBSD
>>> systems.
>>>
>>> Yesterday, for the first time, I was able to build a working CUWiN
>>> CompactFlash image yesterday on a RedHat Linux 8.0 box, using the patches
>>> I have attached.  I could use your help to test this on a couple more
>>> flavors of Linux, on NetBSD 1.6.2, and on other systems (Solaris?).
>>>
>>> The NetBSD patch applies cleanly against NetBSD-current that is a few
>>> months old.
>>>
>>> I have also attached a patch for the CUWiN sources that enables the
>>> cross-building.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> I downloaded NetBSD-current last night and the patch applied cleanly.  The
>> toolenv patch doesn't apply cleanly to steps.d/toolenv from the HEAD of
>> trunk (I was using rev3030),  so I tried making the spirit of the change
>> (see attached diff).
>
> Strange.  I took the diff from HEAD.

Yes, that was my fault.  I used the wrong toolenv patch; I had an old one
from 2863 lying around, and grabbed it by mistake.  The correct patch
applies cleanly and reproduces your attachment.

After I fixed that the image build finished and I was able to mount it
fine.  I'll install & boot next time I'm in the office to check, but it
looks good.

bill

--
Bill Comisky