[CUWiN-Dev] CuWIN on non x86 hardware

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Aug 21 10:53:09 CDT 2005

Hi Bob,

Bob Keyes wrote:
> Hello all,
> I live in Cambridge, Mass, home of MIT's RoofNet. I play around with it
> quite a bit. I am also interested in other protocols, technologies, and
> projects, so I've been on this mailing list for a few months now.
>
> I've been playing around with the NetGear WGT634U router, which has Linux
> on it, and RoofNet has been ported to it. But I am interested in porting
> NetBSD to it. I wonder if any of the programmers here, who have interest
> in both NetBSD and mesh networking, have given any thought to porting to a
> MIPS based architecture. I've compiled a kernel for the NetGear, but so
> far can't the kernel to boot.
>
> Anyone want to help?

Most of the core developers are already maxed out working on various facets of
the project, so it's important to get them as much information as possible about
the problem you've hit.  I'm sure that people will be able to help answer
specific questions as they come up -- we are very interested in seeing the CUWiN
software ported to different devices -- and there are a number of experts on the
-dev list who likewise may be able to help out in various ways.  I would suggest
keeping this list regularly updated on your progress and posting specific
problem areas when you hit them.  For now, I think folks would need more
detailed information on what problems you've had getting the kernel to boot,
what solutions you've already attempted, etc. before they could give you a
useful answer to your question.

It's great to have your help with porting -- definitely keep us posted,

--Sascha