[CUWiN-Dev] heads up: new cd-rom build process

Chase Phillips shepard at ameth.org
Sat Aug 27 20:51:52 CDT 2005

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, David Young wrote:

> I have just committed some changes to src/boot-image/image.subr that
> use 'makefs -t cd9660' instead of mkisofs to build a bootable CD-ROM.
> That's one less program you need to build the system for CD-ROM, and
> you don't need root privileges to do it any longer.
>
> I consider this experimental.  If it doesn't work for you, undo the
> change with the meta-patch, 'svn diff -r 3429:3428'.

This is great news, Dave.  From the commit log:

  (cd9660 support for makefs was the senior project of Daniel Watt,
  Walter Deignan, Ryan Gabrys, Alan Perez-Rathke, and Ram Vedam, at
  the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, during the 2004-2005
  school year.  David Young of CUWiN sponsored this project.)

Please pass along my thanks to this team for their effort and thanks to
you for sponsoring/coordinating it.

Chase