[CUWiN-Dev] multiple gateways?

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Wed Dec 14 10:09:01 CST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, David Young wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 12:00:22PM -0600, Bill Comisky wrote:
>> Upgrading the 2nd gateway did indeed fix the problem of the weird default
>> route.  We're still seeing a lot of hslsd core dumps though (running CUWiN
>> r3715 and the 8-Dec netbsd snapshot).  From the timestamps (and adjusting
>> for the watchdog timeout), they happen anywhere from immediately after
>> hslsd is restarted to 90 minutes later, with the mean at about 22 minutes.
>
> I see a lot of coredumps, too.  It has been a serious operational
> problem.
>
> The segfaults only happen in a couple of places.  I haven't been able
> to track down the root cause, but Router LSAs are implicated, always.
> The Router LSA implementation was overly complicated.  Today, I simplified
> a lot.  I have run the simplified code for more than an hour on four
> routers without a single coredump.  Let's see what happens overnight.
>
> I have attached a patch containing the simplifications, which shorten
> the code by more than 200 lines.  Give them a try?

will do.  Another data point.. I've had the same image (3715) on our
testbed for almost 2 days with no core dumps.  Differences between the
testbed and our "real" network:  only 1 gateway, only 4 nodes, essentially
no traffic, and all the nodes are using the same revision.  Can I make a
valid test of new software by only upgrading a single gateway on our
network, or do I need to upgrade the other nodes visible to the gateway
too?

Bill

--
Bill Comisky