[CUWiN-Dev] fixed spurious "Network is unreachable"; increased 802.11 retry count

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon Dec 26 17:30:39 CST 2005

I have patched Quagga and hslsd to stop spurious "Network is unreachable"
errors.  I believe this will improve reliability on the Race St.
network and on CNT's network.

I have increased the maximum number of 802.11 transmission attempts from
11 to 64, the idea being to insulate TCP from packet drops.  64 seems
to help, but it may be too high: in the time it takes to transmit
a TCP segment 63 times, the ACK timer at the TCP sender may expire.
The sender will retransmit the segment, which is a waste of bandwidth.