[CUWiN-Dev] dangling pointers finally secured

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Wed Dec 28 15:19:58 CST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Bill Comisky wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, David Young wrote:
>
>>  In the last few days I have found & fixed bugs involving dangling pointers
>>  that I believe were responsible for 99% of hslsd crashes.
>
> Just checked the status of how r3754 + 19-Dec snapshot is doing on our
> Lawndale network.  Neither of our tower gateways has been down since the
> upgrade (5+ days).  One gateway has 0 /var/core/hslsd.* files (woot!) and the
> other had four core files (a vast reduction from previous revs).  I used the
> -S -S options to tar up the source/object files, and copied the core files to
> here if you want to look:
>
> http://flatiron.cntwireless.org/cuwin/r3754/

Turns out the the other gateway had generated a few core files too, but
they had been deleted by a cron job I was using to free space on /mfs.
It deleted the core files when it didn't really need to because it was
looking at the capacity based on the output of df, which can be misleading
because the size of /mfs is now dynamic since switching to tmpfs.

Bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com