[CUWiN-Dev] Re: [WUWiN-Dev] 0.5.5 status?

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Feb 7 15:19:13 CST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Chase Phillips wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
>
>> 0.5.5 we can go back and upgrade the 0.5.4 nodes (unless folks think
>> that 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 will conflict somehow).
>
> They don't conflict, they just don't interoperate.  0.5.4 uses OSPF to
> route IPv4, 0.5.5 uses HSLS to route IPv4.  A phased roll-out of 0.5.5
> on a functioning OSPF network will cause an outage for some number of
> users.

Ahhhhh...  Thanks Chase.  We should probably put a note up on the website
download page to this effect.  Also, it would be cool to update the main
page with a news blurb about the software's availability and the
documentation page (which I'm not sure is linked from a prominant
location).

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst