[CUWiN-Dev] public svn sync schedule? (was 0.5.4 release branch created)

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Thu Jan 13 14:14:22 CST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Chase Phillips wrote:

> I've created a release branch for our 0.5.4 work.  You can find this
> branch at:
>
>  file:///var/svn/cuw/branches/releases/0.5.4/
>
> We should avoid making non-bug-fixing changes to this branch.  If you find
> a bug and fix it on the trunk, please fix it on the branch for 0.5.4 as
> well, and vice versa.
>
> I'm informed by Dave that two changes (one to sockaddr_snprintf and the
> other to the Atheros driver) are available for our 0.5.4 NetBSD code.
> Once both of these are available from anoncvs.netbsd.org I'll update our
> source and make it available to project members for testing.

Zach,

How often is the public svn repository sync'd?  If <= once a day, could
you increase the frequency?  Any chance of adding a post-commit hook on
the main repository to sync?  I've tried:

http://search.cpan.org/src/GRICHTER/SVN-Push-0.02/bin/svndumpload

before and it worked well (svndumpload /path/to/private /path/to/public).
If you are syncing between different machines it'll use ssh, but you'll
have to use keys or something to avoid having to enter a password.  Also
it assumes the path to svnadmin, svnlook are the same on both machines,
which you might have to tweak.

bill

--
Bill Comisky