[CUWiN-Dev] 0.5.4 questions

Chase Phillips shepard at ameth.org
Sun Jan 16 23:31:47 CST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Bill Comisky wrote:

> I built an upgrade image and successfully installed it last week (rev 2460
> of the cuw-0.5.4 branch).  Is there a checklist of tests I should perform
> on a new build to provide you with the best feedback?  And more
> specifically, what new features should be working in 0.5.4 that I should
> test?

Thanks for helping us test!  Here are the primary areas of functionality
we'd like to have in this release:

  * Node stability: New wireless code has been included from -current with
    work from Dave and others.  Nodes based on this software should be
    more stable than in previous releases.

  * OSPF: We want to make sure 0.5.4 meshes properly using OSPF as it did
    in previous releases.

  * HSLS: I'm not sure where the HSLS work was when we branched so Dave
    will have to comment on what to test here, if anything.

      * ETX: Same with ETX.

  * dhcpselect: Auto-configuration of wired interface services and wedging
    of nodes in dhcpd mode should work.

  * Config: A new config system is in place.  Bryan will have to provide
    more info.

> First thing I did was to pull up the web interface (cool!), though I'm not
> sure everything was working right; I had one other node up and while it
> was in the routing table it didn't show up in the routeViz display.  I
> didn't have time to investigate though (and now my connection to our build
> box is down).

>From what I understand routeViz will not function completely until HSLS is
managing the system's routing table.  In other scenarios (eg. where OSPF
is managing routing updates) information presented via the routeViz
display won't be updated.

> I did have one last build glitch.  I changed the name of the directory
> holding the CUWiN source to reflect my switch to the 0.5.4 branch (mv
> cuw-trunk cuw-0.5.4), but when I rebuilt I consistently got the error
> message at the bottom, where it was still looking for iswlan.c in the old
> path, which was no longer there.  I even rebuilt without -u -o.  Is there
> a directory I should clean out or a 'make clean'-esque command I could run
> to fix?  I just symlinked cuw-0.5.4 to cuw-trunk as a temp fix.

Dave's covered this one but just a heads up: we branched from the trunk
on Wednesday night.  In case you're looking for the place from which
0.5.4 will be released, check out:

  file:///var/svn/cuw/branches/releases/0.5.4/
  http://svn.cuwireless.net/svn/cuw/branches/releases/0.5.4/