[CUWiN-Dev] [OT] Greylisting (Was: 53 CU-Wireless moderator request(s) waiting)

Stephane Alnet stephane at shimaore.net
Tue Jan 18 09:12:54 CST 2005

I'm not sure who takes care of this (I think it's in Zach's bin but I'm
not 100% sure :] ).

Most (if not all) of this is spam. I'd suggest to look into postgrey[1]
for the list mailserver. Greylisting would most probably drop most (if
not all) of this. As an anecdote, the day one of the admins on the
server that host shimaore.net turned postgrey on, I went from 50 spam a
day to less than one.

Just a hint, :)
Stéphane

[1] http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/

---
stephane at shimaore.net - +1(217)721-5712 - AIM: salnetcisco

Begin forwarded message:

> From: cu-wireless-bounces at lists.cuwireless.net
> Date: January 18, 2005 8:00:10 CST
> To: cu-wireless-owner at lists.cuwireless.net
> Subject: 53 CU-Wireless moderator request(s) waiting

> waiting for your consideration at:
>
> 	http://lists.chambana.net/cgi-bin/admindb/cu-wireless
>
> Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.  This notice of
> pending requests, if any, will be sent out daily.
>

> Pending posts:
> From: uuaprstpq at free.net.nz on Fri Jan 14 08:48:26 2005
> Subject: pain is killing your brother
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: ykekiiwhy at funkytiger.co.uk on Fri Jan 14 10:15:54 2005
> Subject: your missing info was found- 25th december
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: ihhisny at attorney.com on Fri Jan 14 10:51:55 2005
> Subject: impOrtant Service Pack 2 update - January 18th
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: raonweojcz at worldpassage.net on Fri Jan 14 14:24:23 2005
> Subject: support my sister with the pain
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: bwjpgygnmoi at burek.net on Fri Jan 14 18:12:46 2005
> Subject: D0 yo need graphics software
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: cunkez at dragoncon.net on Fri Jan 14 19:00:54 2005
> Subject: S0ftware Update Alert - January 19h
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: ztizvjovif at freeweb.de on Fri Jan 14 19:57:08 2005
> Subject: Half prce Microsoft 0ffce s0ftware
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: whatever at citylinq.com on Fri Jan 14 22:42:23 2005
> Subject: Pre-approved Application #LXZWP451
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> From: eaeijmugdkcabk at o2.pl on Sat Jan 15 00:43:53 2005
> Subject: (no subject)
> Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

etc...