[CUWiN-Dev] build tweaks

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Thu Jan 20 22:52:45 CST 2005

As a complexity-control measure, I'm going to move the upgrade script to
boot-image/extras/sbin/upgrade and install it "irregardless" of whether
we're building a CD-ROM or not.

To speed a build up, it would be nice to skip stages, esp. the "build
NetBSD" step. :-) I'm working on a design for "mkstaboot stages".
The mkstaboot script will source a bunch of files that implement the major
build steps: NetBSD tools, distribution, kernel; CUWiN build; install;
create ISO9660 image; create upgrade .tgz; and create CF image.  You can
skip ahead to the ending stages of a build with a -r (for restart) option.
There will be some safety features so that you cannot skip stages that
did not succeed the last time.  E.g., you cannot run the "build kernel"
step if the "build tools" step had failed last time you ran mkstaboot.