[CUWiN-Dev] Re: captive portal

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sun Jan 30 03:16:45 CST 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 04:09:38PM -0600, Quantum Scientific wrote:
> As far as NoCatSplash, I am vascillating between Qorvus and CUWin at the
> moment.  I am torn between being gravely concerned about the band-aids
> necessary to make AODV half-assed work, and my likelihood of having
> time/success in grafting in NoCatSplash + deploying CUWin.  Seems like a
> hardware platform isn't established yet, and wondering when/if you'll run out
> of funding?

It doesn't look to me like the price of Qorvus compares favorably w/
CUWiN (free) + Metrix (low cost), although Qorvus probably sells support.
I must say, their web interface sure is purty.  It seems to contain the
boneheaded "phone home" aspect of LocustWorld/WIANA.org, though.

Re: captive portal, what do you need for it to do?  Do you need for it
to be in every node?  Any reason you can't put it at the gateways?