[CUWiN-Dev] routeviz questions

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Mon Jul 25 13:54:33 CDT 2005

I had noticed before that I had to delete the
/var/db/routeviz_layout.cache file in order for it to update properly from
/var/db/vizlinks.  After looking in the code, it appears that the
rv_layout_net() function is called to read and write the cache file after
the parse_hsls_log() function is called.  The rv_read_cache_file()
function parses and configures link metrics in addition to node positions,
so it writes over the data from the parse_hsls_log() call.  So once a
link makes it into the cache file, it's metric is static unless the
cache file is deleted.

Also, I don't see how node/link info would ever get removed from the vnet
data structure if nodes/links dissappear from the vizlinks file.

Correct me if I missed something..
bill

--
Bill Comisky