[CUWiN-Dev] Mesh Fixes

Paul Smith paul at cnt.org
Mon Jun 6 11:01:59 CDT 2005

Hi Peter,

On Jun 6, 2005, at 10:47 AM, Peter Barry wrote:

> Bill,
> I installed the cuwin-20050605-r3282 version, it booted well, and
> the hslsd is working.
> I tried the Upgrade and it failed with the following messages. I
> hope you can help with the diagnostics.

Bill's away this week, but I can help with issues related to the
nightly builds.

Upgrading is done with the tarball, not the image file (which is for
the initial setup of the storage medium). The tarball can be found
alongside the image file on the nightly builds page.

-Paul

> # /sbin/upgrade root at 192.168.0.3:/root/cuwin-20050605-
> r3282.net4526.img.bz2
> Preparing for upgrade on /dev/wd0e.
> /dev/rwd0e: 30.5MB (62496 sectors) block size 8192, fragment size 1024
>         using 4 cylinder groups of 7.63MB, 977 blks, 1856 inodes.
> super-block backups (for fsck -b #) at:
>     32, 15664, 31296, 46928,
> Installing the upgrade.
> root at 192.168.0.3's password:
> pax: Cannot identify format. Searching...
> pax: Header checksum 0 does not match 56221
> pax: Cpio file name length 65513 is out of range
> pax: Invalid header, starting valid header search.
> pax: Cpio file name length 18061 is out of range
> pax: Cpio file name length 65535 is out of range
> pax: Cpio file name in header is corrupted
> pax: Cpio file name length 33791 is out of range
> pax: Cpio file name length 22103 is out of range
> pax: Cpio file name length 55641 is out of range

Paul Smith            Center for Neighborhood Technology
http://www.cnt.org    Chicago, IL